Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It's a good thing.

Today I experienced a lovely feeling. Balance. I love balance. At Sunrise, when the girls graduate they select a word that defines their experience at Sunrise or their lives in general or just their personality. Mine would be Balance. Today I had the blissful feeling of balance between solid fun and sweet productivity.
Bobbe (Josh's mom) and I had what Josh and his dad called a "marathon shopping day." We shopped for twelve hours for invitations, material for the bridesmaid sashes, material for the quilt she's making for us, her dress for the wedding, groceries, ribbons, engagement-picture outfits, and much, much more. We fulfilled the productivity quota by completing our entire list and then some, but we also had such a blast! I had so much fun looking at tons of fabric and ribbon and decor and my natural zeal for color went into hyper overdrive in almost every quilt store in St. George. Bobbe taught me that my eyes were going crazy because the color POPS
and she needed me to focus on patterns and designs too, which I eventually did.

I called Josh when we got home and filled him in on the day. He was astounded by all we accomplished and when I told him how fun it was he remarked, "It's a good thing you and my mom like each other so much!" I kind of stopped and thought about it and realized it really is a good thing we like each other! I've loved Josh's parents since the day I met them, and I realized (again) today how lucky I am that we get along so well and that Bobbe and I aren't like so many mothers and daughters-in-law who can't stand dinner with each other, let alone twelve hours of shopping! :)

3 comments:

Ashley Miller said...

So jealous. Glad you had fun! I can't wait to see what you picked out.

Lara Neves said...

I hope you took a good long nap after that!

Can't wait to see everything come together!

queendeni said...

Aly darling! YOU make that like to happen you know. Mom's in law always desire to love their new daughters and be a beautiful part of their lives, but sometimes are greatly misunderstood. Keep her close in your heart, she will always love you for it!!

YOU are a jewel and a half!