Monday, January 9, 2012

A Bad Case of the Mondays!

It really is. I don't think I'm quite back in the post-holiday routine. And we just found out that it will probably be another week before we get to move into our cute little house. The blessed RDA loan program, while wonderfully kind to young new homeowners, also teaches patience to said peeps...like us! The apartment is literally in boxes and we have lost almost all motivation to keep it clean in and pretty because all our sights are set on our "Our House." It's hard to want to clean a floor I'm just going to have to clean again when we move out! Sigh.

In other news, I just registered for my half marathon!! Now I have to do it or eat the $43 bucks! I went to see the doctor last week because my injury wasn't healing even though I took 3 weeks of precious training time off from running. Funny story, he told me that I should have been running on it! Go figure! Apparently it was the kind of muscle tear that works itself out if you keep stretching and working it. By taking time off, I didn't do any damage, but just made the healing process longer. Yep. I'm totally kicking myself in the butt for not going to the doctor as soon as I got hurt.
So now I'm hitting it hard and going (mostly) off sweets and junk food, and (totally) off carbonation for the next two weeks, when I will run farther than I ever have in my life. And I'm getting psyched!

Anyone have any really great get-psyched running songs?

3 comments:

Ali said...

So you closed on your house?! Hooray!! I can't wait to see it!
Good for you on the half-marathon. I'm still not brave enough to pay for a race. I always love rocking' girl power songs - Pink, Kelly Clarkson, Avril Lavine, etc.

Alexana said...

No not quite. Hopefully we'll close on Monday. We got delayed :( Don't worry! You'll get a text! :)
Thanks! Great suggestions!

Ashley Miller said...

Eye of the Tiger! And Check Yes Juliet.