Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Littles and Bigs


This just sort of popped out of my head today while I was talking to Miranda, who is off gallivanting through Italy. You can read her delightful blog here http://veffekt.wordpress.com. Anyway, I guess I felt a little verklempt and bittersweet. So here are my thoughts.

Littles and Bigs

I love my little family. I love my little town.
I love my little place, and I love my almost home.
I love my little job, and my bigger little one.
I love my little circle, of people that I love.

But I miss my big wide world, and my big ambitious dreams.
I miss my big old Europe, where art and culture whirl,
with "such big streets" it seemed, to such a little girl.
I miss my big adventures, and my big fun travel times,
I miss my big wrong turns, roads that took big time to find,
but made such great big change, in this little world of mine.

Now that I am bigger, of me there are more parts,
I have another dream, that grows along with me,
Although he's bigger than I am, little I don't feel.
And though much is left behind, my travel and my arts,
I hope to make a little change, to some great big hearts.

So although I love them both, I'll tuck my bigs into my littles,
And save them for another day,
When to my dreams of bigs, my littles can give way.

2 comments:

Carlee Ann said...

beautiful

Miranda said...

Oh my dear. I would trade this big for my own little today.
You win.
The big-ol'stuff aint going anywhere.