Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Three Christmases

Merry Christmas!
I can say that cause it's still Christmas in Kamas!

Hana & I at the dinner table...and Emma...Creepin.

After a lovely, quiet, gentle Christmas morning with the Stavri, followed almost immediately by a fun, rowdy, high-energy evening of the Nevi, Josh and I drove up to Kamas this morning with Haela in tow, to visit Mom and Richard. This year Josh and I found what we felt was the perfect gift for those two: a Carl Rungen painting of a bull and a cow moose set against a beautiful mountain backdrop. (I hope they love it as much as we loved giving it!). That being said, one thing I love about my mom is her joy in giving. She is always more excited to give me my present than to receive one from me.
I got literally seconds into showing Mom pictures of our house before she started to get up from her seat saying, "Okay we need to do presents right now. Richard! Time for presents!" I didn't understand until she gave me this to unwrap:
I'm already sixty pages in and it's really a great book. I've gotten lots of ideas and inspiration and I'm just ready to get started! I suppose we should actually close on the house before I start shopping for paint chips and area rugs huh? Lame. Hopefully we'll get word tomorrow.
Anyway, it's been a great marathon Christmas and I feel so very grateful for all the wonderful people in my life. I truly have been blessed by amazing family and friends who touch my life all year round! So although technically it is December 27th, I'll say it again.

Merry Christmas
and, in tribute to my marathon viewing of
A Christmas Carol
with Miranda (we watched 4 versions in 2 days)...
God Bless Us, Everyone!

No comments: