Sunday, November 1, 2009

Fall Fun

About a month ago I had the honor of being invited to my cousin Emma's field trip! Ya. I felt pretty cool. We had a blast! She's usually very quiet and thoughtful, not usually involved in chaos, and doesn't draw a lot of attention to herself, but as soon as we got on the bus her shell snapped off! She sang 3 Taylor Swift songs, word for word with actions! Everyone on the bus was watching Emma, singing along, laughing at her crazy gestures. She was the star of the trip! It was so fun to see her in the friend element.

The trip was of course very educational. The kids were instructed to collect and label certain plants at each of our stops up Cedar Canyon and Brian Head and then we listened as Professor Jim Bowns from SUU taught us about each plant.

I won't lie, it got a little boring about halfway through the day when Prof. Bowns told us to find the 8th type of spruce that is a teensy bit different from the other 7, but we learned some fun things. For example, one of the many spruces found in Southern Utah can be tied in a knot without snapping!I was fortunate to have mostly non-obnoxious kids in my group and Emma and her friends produced a constant supply of entertainment. All in all it was a very fun day. I loved spending a full day with my sweet and surprisingly hilarious cousin!

2 comments:

Lara Neves said...

Aww, fun! I bet you had a blast! I am wishing I could have been there just to see Emma's impromptu performance!

queendeni said...

Aly, you are just the cutest gal! I'm sure the girls are missing YOU!