Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Dearest, Favorite Darlings...


My friend Miranda passed along the Liebster award to me. In German, Liebster means darling, favorite, or dearest. So it's kind of a sweet way to connect. It reminds me of those interminably long tell-me-about-yourself emails we all passed around as kids, but I think it's fun, so here goes! Here are the instructions:

Post 11 random things about myself.

Answer the 11 questions my nominator set for me.

Create 11 questions for my nominees.

Nominate 11 other bloggers with fewer than 200 followers (no tag-backs).

Go to each of their blogs to tell them about their nominations.

My 11 Random Facts
  • I love scarves. Like a lot. I have an entire drawer of them and I don’t think I’ve ever gone through all of them in a single season. It’s an easy Christmas gift!
  • My feet obnoxiously grew during my pregnancy, which is I guess kind of normal. I am not happy, Bob. Not happy.
  • I take great pride in my driving skills. I never had much confidence in my driving until coming to Cedar and especially since working at Sunrise. Doing the Black Ridge three times weekly in the winter has got to give me points!
  • I have lived on two Continents.
  • I’ve never had braces. I’m quite proud of my teeth.
  • I love Yoga, although I am very inflexible.
  • I love to run more than almost any pastime/sport. I’m still not cleared for running by my doctor and I miss it so much I’ve had several dreams about it.
  • I love fashion but I have neither the money or the will to allocate much money to it so I mostly admire it in others.
  • I am a bit of a food snob. Just a bit, though!
  • I love dogs. They are my spirit guide! But ya wanna know a secret? I also love cats. Not the bratty ones. The really dumb, funny ones that belong in cartoons and youtube videos.
  • I would rather clean dirty dishes than put away clean ones.

My answers to Miranda’s 11 questions

What’s your favorite book and why?
  • Jane Eyre. It is a beautiful tale that crosses genres! It’s a love story full of mystery, crime, a hint of humor, and morality. It has been my constant friend since I was 9 years old.

 Who is your favorite sibling, and how did he/she get to be so awesome?
  • My brother, Chad. We were close as kids and fought horribly throughout our youth but we became very close over the last 7 years. We can talk about anything and respect the other person’s opinions. We learn so much from each other and, most importantly, we have total trust! In the course of our lives as siblings, Chad has never lied to me. Not once. I can count on him to always be honest with me and I value that so much! We are learning to lean on each other and be there for each other in a way we never figured out as kids. He’s pretty great!

 What is your fantasy travel destination?
  • I want to travel all over Italy. That’s one country we didn’t really go when we lived there and I am just dying to go visit the home of my Italian ancestors and eat lots of delicious food!

 What is your alternate life path?
  • I would be working in an NGO or in international relations in DC to help women and children who are suffering in other countries.

 Is there intelligent life on other planets and will we ever meet them?
  • Yes. No.

 What broke up you and your first best friend?
  • I moved away.

 Who is your longest lasting pal? Why?
  • Cara. We can go weeks without talking and pick up the phone and it’s like nothing has changed and no time has passed. We have become like sisters and we are always there for each other, no matter what. And because when we pranked a bunch of boys in college and I got hog tied with zip ties, she came running in after me!

 In what ways do you hope to be just like your mother, and in what ways do you not?
  • Someday I would like to approach cooking like she does. She get’s an idea of how it should taste and just starts throwing stuff in. It shouldn’t work, but it always tastes great! I love her unending variety of hobbies and interests. She reminds me I don’t have to just do one thing my whole life. I can do whatever I want with my time. My mom has found a wonderful man that makes her completely happy and helps her be herself in all the best ways. Unfortunately it took her several tries. I hope to be different from her by getting it right with Josh. I chose very carefully in part because I watched her struggle for so long.

 College class you never got to take?
  • Humanities with Jim Harrison, ballet, ASL, cooking, drugs and behavior, Directing I, Horsemanship I (I took it, I just want to take it again with Josh!), self-defense, and various English and History classes. Good thing Josh is technically employed by the University so I can take whatever I want now!

 Hobby you can’t afford?
  • Travel, Kayaking, Horseback Riding, Photography.

 What is the deal?!
  • BOGO.

My Questions
  • Boxers or briefs?
  • If you could hang out with anyone, alive or dead, for an afternoon, who would it be?
  • What are the last 5 shows/movies in your Netflix queue or equivalent watching device or site?
  • What is the most treasured piece of jewelry you own? (If one of them is your wedding ring, add the next best one as well!)
  • What is your fondest memory as a child, in elementary, junior, high school, and college?
  • What is the greatest piece of advice your parents have ever given you?
  • Favorite treat?
  • Crunchy or creamy, mayo or miracle, Colgate or Crest, sweet or dill, East Coast or West Coast, cats or dogs?
  • Something you learned recently?
  • What is your biggest pet peeve?
  • How will you survive the zombie apocalypse? What makes you likely to survive?


My Peeps
Amanda
Anne-Marie

Enjoy! Tag me back so I can see all your answers!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun little read! Especially because I learned new stuff about you which is a little surprising since we practically spent more time over the past few years then our hubbies saw it. Haha

And YES you do get points for driving Black Ridge. Most definitely! :)

Sooo... how do I tag you?