Monday, July 23, 2012

Top Ten Lessons Learned From Painting Our House

Drumroll Please...

10. However long we think it's going to take, double it.
9. We have dog hair absolutely EVERYWHERE! Which makes painting baseboards really nasty.
8. Don't get lulled into a false sense of everything's dry. It will end up in my hair.
7. Paint has to be mixed/stirred...a lot.
6. I shouldn't tell dramatic stories with a paintbrush in my hand.
5. The correct order of operations is: Baseboards, tape, then wall. Not wall, baseboards the wrong color, tape, repaint.
4. Painting is not a great job for someone with even mild OCD!
3. We have some really wonderful people in our lives.
2. A box of Creamies from a good friend is a welcome sight at the end of a long day.

AND the number one thing we've learned from painting (well, at least starting) our house...
1. We really have no idea what we're doing!

1 comment:

Steven and Cara said...

You look so stinkin cute! I can't wait to see the changes in your house! I wish we could have helped you with your painting (and by we I mean Steve, I am the "supervisor"). Love you!