Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hello!!!

Hello Blogging World!
So I've been stuck in this mindset that if I don't have the pictures ready and the right mood and words to write, I shouldn't blog. The last 2 weeks without internet at home has changed that belief! So I obviously still need to write about that kind of big, important day we had 2 1/2 months ago, but for now, I'm just going to catch up a bit.
Josh and I had a wonderful wedding. It seemed perfect to me and that belief didn't tarnish when friends and family started telling me how many things went wrong after our weekend in Springdale. It was my perfect day and I'll never forget it. I'm very grateful for good friends who hid the weather, a car accident, a broken frame, and drama from me all day long!
Springdale was in a word, perfect. The room was beautiful and we had such a great time relaxing and decompressing that I forgot to take pictures of it. Oh well. Our hotel was nestled between the Court of the Patriarchs and West Temple and the weather was sunny and balmy despite the disastrous storm in Cedar the night before. Matt, Ashley, Andy, and Jan gave us a couples massage for our wedding. I knew I needed one and had tried in vain all week to get one, but Josh had no idea what he was missing! We agreed after that it was a perfect gift!
We checked out two days later and had a lovely breakfast with Jake and Ashley before they jetted back to Chicago.
Josh and I settled into what should have been quiet domesticity but our lives have not slowed down! Rather they accelerate daily and I'm still fighting against time to get our thank-you notes out!
Well, that's all for now. More to follow.

2 comments:

Lara Neves said...

You know, I think the worst part of getting married is having to send thank you cards. That may be the only bad thing. I think it took me a good 8 or 9 months to get them all out!

Love you!

Ali said...

Your day WAS perfect, sweetie! The frame, the weather, the accident...all just part of the Awesome Story. Thank you so much for letting me be a part of it!